Granola is a breakfast food but if you ask me it can double up as a snack or even dinner, depending upon mood. It usually contains rolled oats, nuts, seeds, honey and whatever else your heart desires.
The best kind of granola is baked till everything is perfectly crisp and golden brown.
Personally, i like my granola to be light, airy and not too sweet. So overtime, i have developed a quick and simple recipe that is one bowl. comes together in minutes and does not require any special equipment.
Granola is something you can enjoy with a smoothie, milk or like i do it, straight out of the jar. This makes for a perfect work snack and you can make endless variations to this recipe. I like to keep a small portion of it in my bag for those immediate cravings.
Trust me, once you make it, there is no going back, you will keep coming back to it.
Baking Equipment Needed
Baking Tray- The rectangular baking tray you get with the oven, you can use it to bake.
Spatula- to mix everything properly
Mixing Bowl- it is a one bowl recipe so you just need a bowl
weighing scale- the measurements are in grams so you need a digital weighing scale to measure the ingredients accurately.
Parchment paper/ Aluminum foil/ Silicon mat- for lining the tray
- Butter- 50gms
- Brown Sugar- 20gms
- Rolled Oats- 100gms
- mixed seeds(sunflower, pumpkin, chia, flax)- 15gms
- Dried Apricot- 10gms
- Dried Cranberries- 10gms
- Dried Raisins- 10gms
- Almonds- 15 gms
- Dessicated Coconut- 10gms
1. Preheat your oven to 160℃ for 10 mins.
2. In the mixing bowl, take butter and brown sugar, melt it in the microwave for 30 seconds and if doing it on a stovetop, make sure to use a heavy bottomed saucepan and keep the flame on low.
3. After the sugar has dissolved in butter, add oats, mixed seeds, almonds, cranberries, apricots, raisins and dessicated coconut. Give it a good mix until everything is nicely coated in butter.
4. Line the the baking tray with parchment paper/aluminium foil/silicon mat, spread the granola evenly and put it in the oven at 160℃ for 25 mins.
5. Stir the granola at every 5 minutes to ensure even baking and this will avoid overbaking on a particular portion.
6. After Baking, take it out of the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes(a lot OF patience) so that it cools down.
7. VOILA! The Brown Butter Granola is ready.
Store the granola in an airtight jar. This granola stays fresh for upto a month.
Love chocolate and want that in granola too, we've got you covered. Recipe for Chocolate Granola