S'mores like Cookies, have the hugest cult following in the western countries. For those of you still un-introduced to S'mores, they're basically a sandwich of 2 Graham Crackers, 1 Toasted Marshmallow and a small piece of Chocolate.
In short, you get crunchy, gooey and chocolatey all at the same time. What more can anyone ask for?
Honestly, I was pretty late to the s'mores party! Being a vegetarian, I had never really thought about trying Marshmallows before. But recently, I came across Vegan Marshmallows made in India and I was quite excited to finally try S'mores after hearing about them for such a long time!!
And guess what? I totally totally totally loved them!
When I came across this recipe by Broma Bakery, I thought this could be the perfect opportunity to up my s'mores game and I practically jumped in anticipation of this delicious treat!
Baking Equipment Needed
Mixing Bowl- Take a medium sized mixing bowl to mix everything properly and to prevent any fallout
Silicon Spatula- Works great in recipes that require folding
Balloon Whisk- To mix everything properly
8*8 inch rectangular/ square Baking Pan- The size is very ideal for baking brownies or bars because its neither too thin, nor too thick
Parchment Paper- Layering the pan so that the bars come out properly.
- Butter- 56 grams
- Peanut Butter- 85 grams
- Brown Sugar- 3/4 cups
- Flax Egg- 1 (1 tbsp ground flaxseed + 3 tbsp water)
- All Purpose Flour- 134 grams
- Baking Soda- 1/2 tsp
- Chocolate- 2/3 cup, chopped
- Marshmallows- 2/3 cup
- Digestive Biscuits- 2/4 cups, small chunks
1. In a large mixing bowl, start by combining both the butters together. whisk until combined, do not over-mix.
2.Take the brown sugar in the same bowl, start creaming it.
3. Mix in the Flax Egg. To make the flax egg, mix the flax seed powder with water and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
4. Dump in the flour and baking soda. Mix until combined.
5. Gently fold in the chopped chocolate and marshmallows.
6. In a baking tin, lined with parchment paper, spread the batter evenly and top it with the biscuit chunks. you can always go extra like me and put some chocolate and marshmallows too.
7. Finally, bake it at 175℃ for 25 minutes. The skewer inserted might not come out clean because of the chocolate and marshmallows but when you touch it and it is stable, that means it is baked.
8. This is not a step to be followed, ATTACKKK on the deliciousness that you've baked.