I think Pancake is the quintessential breakfast recipe. It's really easy to prepare, and with no effort at all, you get soft, fluffy, buttery pancakes. A sure shot crowd pleaser!
This is the classic pancake recipe without eggs, but chocolate chips or nuts or even berries are added in this batter for an even more delightful experience.
Our favorite way to enjoy these with a small dollop of butter & a honey drizzle but various other combinations with fruits & Nutella are also delicious.
Yield - 7 Pancakes (~4-inch diameter each)
Prep time - 10 mins
Total Time - 25 mins
- Lemon Juice - 10 ml (~1/2 lemon juice)
- Total Milk - 250 ml
- Butter - 1 tbsp
- Milkmaid - 3 tbsp
- Flour - 125 g
- Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
For Toppings -
How to make Pancakes
- Prepare the buttermilk by mixing half the milk (125 ml) with lemon juice (10 ml) and resting it for 5 mins.
- In a new bowl, combine butter (1 tbsp) with milkmaid (3 tbsp) and mix thoroughly.
- Add the buttermilk and remaining milk (125 ml) to this bowl and combine.
- Add the flour (125 g) and baking soda (1/2 tsp) and mix gently.
- Do not over mix, it's perfectly okay to have lumps in the pancake batter.
- Put some butter on the frying pan and place the batter on it with a ladle.
- Cook for about 45 secs or till the bubbles appear.
- Flip and cook again for 20 secs.
- Stack the eggless pancakes on the plate and serve with more butter & honey.
Do try this recipe out, classic or with addons, this one is a must-try either way. Do tag us on Instagram when you try, would love to be a part of your pancake journey!