A must try wholesome Christmas Plum Cake eggless recipe! It's rich, moist and decadent. Loaded with fruits, almonds and spices, this plum cake will leave you wanting for more!
Christmas is the most joyous time of the year and it calls for a delicious recipe like this one to enjoy with your dear ones. It’s alcohol-free and you can make the cake instantly just before you need it.
Baking Equipments Needed
6 inch Round Cake Tin - This cake is typically made in a circular baking dish.
Spatula/Wooden Spoon/Whisk - To mix in the batter.
Mixing Bowls - To mix the batter in.
Weighing Machine, Measuring Cups & Spoons - To measure all the ingredients precisely.
- Cranberry - 60 g
- Tutti Frutti - 30 g
- Apricot - 4 Pcs /35 g
- Raisins - 60 g
- Apple Juice- 120 g
- Cinnamon Powder - 1/2 tsp
For the Batter
- Butter - 56 g
- Refined Flour - 135 g
- Brown Sugar - 70 g
- Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
- Almond - 2 tsp (Finely chopped)
- Cashews - 2 tsp (Finely chopped)
- 1 Flax Egg - 1 Tbsp flax seed powder + 3 Tbsp water
- Curd 40 g
- Cinnamon Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Ginger Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Preheat your oven to 170℃.
- We start with soaking our dried fruits in apple juice. The traditional plum cake is rich and moist. When the dry fruits are soaked, they absorb the liquid and become plump. When baked, some of the liquid oozes out into the cake batter, resulting in a moist cake.
- The first step involves chopping the dried apricots. We take 35 g apricots and chop them finely. Next, we add the chopped apricots, 60 g cranberries, 60 g raisins,30 g tutti frutti and 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder into a mason jar and mix it with 120 g apple juice. Vigorously shake these together in a mason jar/glass. This will be kept on your counter for a minimum of 2 hrs and if you have time then soak the mixture overnight. You can keep stirring the mixture in intervals. You can mix up the ratio of fruits as you like.
- Now we make the flax egg. For that, you need to mix 1 tbsp raw flax seeds powder with 3 tbsp water. Yes, it is that simple. Mix it well and keep it aside. A flax egg is basically a gelatinous substance having the consistency of a whisked egg.
- Next, we make the batter of the plum cake. For that, first, add 56 g softened butter (Do remember to use butter at room temperature!) in a mixing bowl and then add 70 g brown sugar (you can use white sugar as well). Mix both the ingredients well till the mixture achieve a creamy consistency.
- Add the flax egg and 40 g curd in the batter, mix well.
- Now it's time to add the dry ingredients. Sieve 135 g Refined flour, 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder, 1/2 tsp ginger powder and 1/2 tsp baking soda. Give a good mix and add 2 tbsp chopped almonds and 2 tbsp chopped cashews.
- In a lined baking pan (lined both at the bottom and the sides with parchment/baking paper ), pour the cake batter and spread it equally using a spatula. Bake at 170℃ for 40 mins without opening the oven door even once. After 40 mins, switch the oven off and let the cool outside.
- After it reaches room temperature, cut in slices and serve! It takes a little effort to make a delicious traditional plum cake but in the end, it's all worth it!
Enjoy the delicious wholesome plum cake!!