You know what do I love more than baking?
Anything I make, it should be quick, easy, not too many ingredients & of course insanely delicious. If all these conditions are being met, it's like a God sent recipe for me.
And I'm going to share one such God sent recipe with you guys today.
This recipe is for my Magic Muffin Batter. And what is that, pray you may ask.
Well, it's a master key of all the muffin batters using which you can make not one, not two but an infinite number of muffin recipes. You fancy a chocolate walnut muffin, just mix chocolate & walnuts in this batter and it's done. What about a wild berry mix, mix them in this batter and you'll get delicious berry muffins! The best part is you can make different types of muffins at the same time!
So go ahead and give this a try, I guarantee you will never search for another muffin recipe ever again!
The Ultimate Eggless Muffin Batter Recipe
The recipe I'm gonna share today makes 4 large-sized muffins (~ 100 gms each). I had made 2 flavors - Chocolate Chunk & Blueberry Muffin using the same batter.
But as I said, it totally depends on you which flavor muffin you fancy right now - really anything would work with this magic batter.
Ingredients for the Batter
- All-Purpose Flour - 140 gms
- Caster Sugar - 50 gms
- Amul Butter - 30 gms
- Milk - 140 ml
- Lemon Juice - 1 tbsp
- Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
- Baking Powder - 1.5 tsp
- Baking Soda - 0.25 tsp
1. We'll start by adding the lemon juice (~2 tsp) to the milk (140 ml or ~half a cup). Give this a stir & keep aside. The milk will get curdled and this is basically homemade buttermilk. It would make your muffin batter both smooth & airy in texture and mainly replace the eggs in your batter.
2. In a separate bowl mix the all purpose flour (maida - 140 gms), baking soda (0.25 tsp) & baking powder (1.5 tsp).
3. Mix Butter (30 gms) & Sugar (50 gms) & whisk well till it is a bit lighter in color and the two are completely mixed (about 1 minute with a electric hand mixer).
4. Add the vanilla essence (1 tsp) & the buttermilk mixture in the Butter & Sugar mixture in two parts and mix well for 1 minute again. As we are adding a lot of liquid in this stage, your batter will splash all around, so make sure you step back a little or wear an apron. Also, the batter would not look at all homogenous at this point, don't worry this is totally normal because we have added curdled milk in it.
5. Add the dry ingredients in 2 parts to the wet ingredients and fold it all together using a spatula. The mixture would look dense & airy at this point. This is how we want the batter to be.
6. Again, I cannot stress on this enough, do not over mix, you will be just decreasing the airiness of the batter and the muffins might not rise properly while baking.
8. This batter has to be baked immediately as the baking soda will start reacting with the lemon in the batter and would lose its potency pretty soon.
9. In case you plan to store & use the batter later, do not add the baking soda & baking powder till the time you want to bake. Rest everything can be mixed and kept.
Making Blueberry Muffins Using the Magic Batter Recipe
Making Chocolate Chunk Muffins using the Magic Batter Recipe
*pro-tip - baking the muffins at a higher temperature first makes them rise fast so that you get a nice muffin top.
Do check the video recipe below -
I hope you guys try this recipe out, the muffins come out really soft and yummy, you just have to try this out to believe it I guess! Happy baking guys and let me know in the comment section if you have any queries, will definitely respond asap.