I think I jumped on to the granola bandwagon pretty late!
I mean, for a long time I even resisted it. Because frankly speaking, who wants to get all excited about a new food trend which is going to die in a few months right?
So I don’t even remember why was it exactly that I decided to make my own granola, but once I did it, I have been baking a batch every single week! I’m sure when I made it first, I had nothing but breakfast on my mind but really, it works pretty great for any time of the day as a crunchy something to nibble on.
And somehow, in my first go, I ended up with a super simple, easy to make, delicious granola recipe that has basically no rules at all. Throw in whatever is there in your pantry, and you will have a delicious snack whatsoever!
We usually bake this at home and take a jar full of it to the office to tackle those little pangs of hunger we get throughout the day. And as with making it, there are no rules while eating it too! I mix it in milk or yogurt along with a teaspoon of honey but also love eating it dry just straight out of the jar.
So if you have ever wondered what the fuss is all about regarding granola, you need to make this recipe today and fall in love with this healthy, crunchy & chocolaty snack.
The Easiest Chocolate Granola Recipe
As I said, you can throw in whatever nuts, seeds, dried fruits or whole grains you have in your kitchen but for reference purposes, I’m gonna list down my favorite things to put in this granola. Please feel free to add or omit anything.
- Rolled Oats -120 gms
- Chopped almonds - ¼ cup
- Sunflower seeds - 2 tablespoon
- Pumpkin seeds - 2 tablespoon
- Chia Seeds - 2 tablespoon
- Raisins - 2 tablespoon
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder - 3 tablespoon
- Vegetable Oil - 2 tablespoon *you can add any oil which is not very overpowering in smell & taste*
- Honey - 3 tablespoon
- In a large bowl add all the ingredients, except for raisins (if you're adding any). The reason is we will not be baking the raisins because then they would get stretchy and chewy. Therefore they will be added at the end when the granola is done baking.
- Mix all the ingredients well, everything would become chocolaty due to the cocoa powder that we have put.
- The mixture would be wet looking & sticky at this point. Spread all that mixture on a baking tray lined with a butter paper.
- Bake the granola at 150℃ or ~300℉ for about 15 mins or till everything is crunchy.
- The temperature of the oven is really important for this one because if it is too hot, it might end up burning the chocolate giving a bitter burnt aftertaste.
- Every 5 minutes, take the tray out and mix up the whole granola so that it’s not cooking from one side only. Also, this way you will be breaking up the large pieces which might have stuck together.
- Once it is done baking, take the tray out of the oven and place it on the cooling rack.
- Leave everything in the tray itself to cool down (should take about 30 minutes) and then transfer to a dry airtight container for storage up to a week.
You can also check the video recipe on Dohful's Youtube Channel.
I hope you like what we shared and you will help us spread the word.